Thursday, March 26, 2009

Guaranteed methods of waking up

You ever wanted to find something that is guaranteed to wake up you up in the morning? The fire alarm in Rodin does the trick. "ATTENTION, ATTENTION, an emergency has been reported in this building. While the situation is investigated, please go to the nearest fire exit stairway. Do not use elevators, repeat, do not use elevators. Err. Err. Err. Err. Err." I'm misquoting it here, but you get the idea. I actually tried recording it with a camera so I could extract the audio and put it on my phone as an alarm, but by the time I had the idea and got out my camera, the "Attention, attention" lady had finished her thing and the alarm was just "Err err err", which is not really that different from my alarm clock, other than sheer volume.

On a related note: For high school, I lived in a dorm. Unlike college dorms, in high school dorms they kinda make it their business to make sure you get up in the morning and such things. (Not that they were always effective, but at least they tried.) It took me a few years, maybe until my senior year, until I realized that they rang the school bell twice every morning. I knew about their other methods, and on occasion wondered why the bell was ringing at such an hour, but it really took me a few years to realize that a bell was ringing every morning, twice a morning, right outside my bedroom door, to wake me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment